All Foreign nationals traveling to India are required to possess a valid international travel document in the form of a national passport with a valid visa obtained from Indian Mission or Post abroad. All individual visa seekers may first apply for the Indian visas through online application link. The duly signed hard copy of the duly completed application form, and submitted successfully online, is to be physically presented at the Embassy of India, Juba with relevant documents and fee to obtain a visa.
The instructions for filling the form can be seen at “Instruction for Online Visa Application” (http://indembjuba.gov.in/eoi.php?id=Apply_online). Information of technical nature regarding online Indian visa application can be seen at Technical Instructions.
- Visa applications are accepted from 0900 hrs to 1130 hrs on all working days. The time of delivery of Passports/Visas is from 1130 hrs to 1300 hrs.
- The Embassy accepts visa applications from nationals of South Sudan only in the normal course. Visa applications from other nationals resident in South Sudan are also accepted, subject to their providing proof of residence (Resident Permit) or valid visa in South Sudan.
- Generally, Visa to nationals of South Sudan is granted within 24 hours or in the next working day provided the application is complete and all required supporting documents are attached. Visa applications of other nationals may take a minimum of four-five working days to process and visa is issued only after the clearance by concerned Indian authorities.
- Passport of the visa applicant should be valid for a minimum period of six months with minimum two blank/ unused pages in the passport.
- Applications for consular / visa services will be accepted only during the specified time. All documents, passports, visas, etc. may also be collected only during the specified time. No applications will be received, and no consular documents would be delivered/collected outside the specified timing.
- Fees for visa service are accepted at the Embassy in cash in US Dollar Only. As far as possible, exact amount for visa fee is to be paid at the Embassy’s service counter.
Important Supplementary Information
*The provisions herein are general; other provisions may apply in specific cases.
* It is illegal to use/carry Thuraya and other such satellite phones in India.
* The Embassy reserves the right to call any applicant for a personal interview, and may ask for additional information at any stage during the processing.
* The Embassy reserves the right to refuse visa to any applicant without assigning any reason, as well as to decide the duration of visa.
* The visa fees are non-refundable, even if the application is withdrawn or the service refused.
*Validity of all visas is counted from their date of issue.
*The requirements or guidelines stated herein, and the fee structure, are subject to change without prior notice.
* In a case of suppression of information, fraud or misbehavior, the passport will be suitably endorsed/stamped and visa refused.
* All persons holding a long term visa (validity exceeding 180 days) are required, within 14 days of arrival in India, to get themselves registered with the nearest Foreigners Registration Office (http://boi.gov.in/content/frro-contact-list). However, for a long-term Business Visa holder, registration is required only sufficiently in advance before the 180-day period provided the planned stay in one visit is to extend beyond 180 days, or else registration is not required.
* Any person seeking a visa to India for the purpose of entering into a surrogacy arrangement must ascertain beforehand whether the law of the applicant's country permits surrogacy and he/ she shall provide appropriate travel documents to the child for accompanying the surrogate parents. Entering into surrogacy arrangements under any other visa not sought for surrogacy is punishable under Indian law.
* Passport should be valid for minimum 6 months beyond the date of intended departure from India.
* The visa validity period cannot extend beyond the passport's validity expiry date.
* Visitors to India should hold a valid yellow fever certificate. Vaccination should have been taken at least 14 days before the date of travel. Do carry this certificate while traveling to India.
* Application forms should be filled completely, correctly and legibly; incomplete and illegible forms may not be entertained.
* Applications for minors should be accompanied by the original and of the Birth Certificate of the minor and consent letter signed by BOTH parents, along with original IDs of the parents.